Volunteer Assistant Stationmaster Vacancies at Bridgnorth
Vacancies presently exist for two Assistant Stationmasters at Bridgnorth, and applications are invited for these posts.
The successful applicants will be expected to take an active part in the operation of the station. This includes:
- Maintaining a safe, attractive and clean environment for staff and visitors alike.
- Supervising the arrival and departure of trains and attending to the needs of our visitors.
- Managing the use of, and shunting, carriages.
- Participation in the maintenance and improvements of the station and its environment.
- Taking charge of the station on a rostered basis.
- Management of the station and supervision of volunteers in the absence of the Stationmaster.
You will need to be able to communicate clearly, accurately and politely with members of the public, whether or not they are passengers, as well as with all members of SVR staff.
The ideal candidate will have previous station supervision experience or as signalman and/or guard, with a firm commitment to excellent customer service. The ability to manage staff is essential.
Some of the duties performed by the SM/ASM are safety critical and subject to qualification and periodic requalification, in accordance with the SVR Rules and Regulations. The successful applicants will be expected to maintain a high standard of adherence to the Rules and Regulations, and to assist other staff in achieving the same.
The successful candidate will be expected to ensure that station works are complete and staff in place for the prompt and efficient departure of trains. Running on time is an important feature of our offering to our visitors, and attention to this is required.
Hours are variable but often long, pay is non-existent, but the company is good and the after-works facilities are popular.
Applications to be sent to Chris Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 9th September 2015.
Acting Stationmaster Bridgnorth